>U Mom Knows Best: Another Great Dinner For A Hot Summer Night

Friday, June 14, 2013

Another Great Dinner For A Hot Summer Night


 It is still above 95 degrees here in Albuquerque, New Mexico and there is now rain in sight. I don't feel like cooking so I found a great dinner idea for spring rolls on Face Book. So I searched Google for recipes and found one and made some changes using ingredients that I had in the house. Here is my version of spring rolls. I used fish that I made in the microwave.


I bought these cool rice papers at Talin Market  in Albuquerque but you can find them at oriental markets also.


I had some baby carrots and thawed frozen broccoli that I shredded in my food processor. The top plate is seaweed that I had left over from a sushi recipe.


First I got both sides of the rice paper wet, just place in a bowl of water for a couple of seconds. Lay the wet rice paper on a clean surface and layer all the ingredients in the middle of it. Since my fish was already seasoned I did not add any. If using unseasoned fish, just sprinkle it with salt and garlic to taste.


Roll up the rice paper like a burrito

Then wrap the spring roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.


I them made a sauce to dip the spring rolls in.

1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
combine all ingredients in a dish. 


My husband enjoyed his with some wasabi also. These were great for a main course but they also make great appetizers.

1 comment:

Linda A Kinsman said...

These look so good! And my hubby would go for the Wasabi too. I'd take just a wee bit myself.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2" data-matched-content-columns-num="2"
Mom knows best